Türk Yükseköğretiminde Öğretim Elemanı Yetiştirmeye Yönelik Bir Değerlendirme: Öğretim Üyesi Yetiştirme Programı (ÖYP) Örneği
The purpose of this study was to examine the perceptions of research assistants on faculty training program (FTP). The qualitative research design was employed, using criterion sampling and maximum variation for performing purposeful sampling technique. Data were collected through semi structured interviews with 17 research assistants. In this study the data obtained were analyzed via descriptive analysis technique. Results indicated that participants have positive opinions about the program's appointment procedure, providing financial resources and professional development opportunities, and they have expressed their negative opinions about the bureaucratic problems and the limited initiatives areas for universities. Results of the study are discussed in relation to faculty training programs in Turkish Higher Education System.
By submitting a manuscript to BUJE, an author or all authors accept(s) following items:
- The manuscript I have submitted to BUJE for review is original and, it is not concurrently being considered for publication by any other journal(s).
- The manuscript has been written by the stated author(s) and has not been published in any format elsewhere.
- The manuscript does not violate or infringe the copyright, or other rights of any person or entity.
- The author(s) agrees to grant the following rights to BUJE:
- the right to edit and process the manuscript,
- the right to publish the manuscript in digital form on the Web and in print.