The Investigation of science teachers' attitudes towards astronomy according to some demographic variables
In this study, it is aimed to investigate whether science teachers' attitudes towards astronomy differ according to demographic characteristics by using the “Astronomy Attitude Scale (AAS)” developed by Zeilik et al. (1999) and adapted by Bilici et al. (2012) to Turkish language. In the research, the attitudes of 135 science teachers, who work in any public and private schools in the 2018/2019 academic year, toward astronomy are determined by using the survey method and relational research method. The obtained data is analyzed by the SPSS package software. The results of the research showed that the main factors affecting the attitudes of the teachers towards astronomy receive the astronomy lesson during their undergraduate education and participate in any education or activity related to astronomy during their teaching career.
By submitting a manuscript to BUJE, an author or all authors accept(s) following items:
- The manuscript I have submitted to BUJE for review is original and, it is not concurrently being considered for publication by any other journal(s).
- The manuscript has been written by the stated author(s) and has not been published in any format elsewhere.
- The manuscript does not violate or infringe the copyright, or other rights of any person or entity.
- The author(s) agrees to grant the following rights to BUJE:
- the right to edit and process the manuscript,
- the right to publish the manuscript in digital form on the Web and in print.