Middle School Students’ Engagement in Mathematics
This research was conducted with students attending in secondary schools in Istanbul province to examine secondary school students’ engagement in mathematics course. Research data was collected using “Student Engagement in Mathematics Scale” and “Personal Information Form” prepared by the researcher. This study was conducted in survey model, and research data was analysed using SPSS 16 software. It was concluded that secondary school students’ engagement in mathematics was at a high level, engagement scores in mathematics among five grade and six grade students were higher than those of eight grade students, and engagement scores in mathematics among students loving mathematics and considering themselves successful in mathematics were higher than scores of those who did not consider themselves successful. At the same time, one of the finding obtained was the relationship between students’ mathematics grades and their engagement in mathematics.
By submitting a manuscript to BUJE, an author or all authors accept(s) following items:
- The manuscript I have submitted to BUJE for review is original and, it is not concurrently being considered for publication by any other journal(s).
- The manuscript has been written by the stated author(s) and has not been published in any format elsewhere.
- The manuscript does not violate or infringe the copyright, or other rights of any person or entity.
- The author(s) agrees to grant the following rights to BUJE:
- the right to edit and process the manuscript,
- the right to publish the manuscript in digital form on the Web and in print.