İşbirlikçi Modelleme Etkinliğinde Matematik Öğretmen Adaylarının Bireysel ve Grup Gelişiminin İncelenmesi
This study aims to understand individual and group models developed by mathematics pre-service teachers during a model-eliciting activity called “Kim 500 Milyar İster?” To achieve this purpose, we developed a monitoring system, composed of a kanban board and instructions for how to use it, to understand both individual and group models developed as solutions to the model-eliciting activity. This study is designed as a multiple-case study using qualitative data collection and analysis methods. The case participants involved nine pre-service mathematics teachers enrolled in elementary mathematics teacher education undergraduate program (6) and mathematics education graduate program (3). The results indicated that pre-service teachers developed individual models different from the final group model, and particularly the one with a strong mathematical explanation was selected by the group to further develop as a group model. On the other hand, we did not observe a group model developed through integration of several individual models. Furthermore, the study showed that the monitoring system provided pre-service teachers opportunities with a) recoding their ideas, b) self-monitor their progress, and c) making their contribution to the group model visible, and so helped us understand pre-service teachers’ both individual and group model development process.
By submitting a manuscript to BUJE, an author or all authors accept(s) following items:
- The manuscript I have submitted to BUJE for review is original and, it is not concurrently being considered for publication by any other journal(s).
- The manuscript has been written by the stated author(s) and has not been published in any format elsewhere.
- The manuscript does not violate or infringe the copyright, or other rights of any person or entity.
- The author(s) agrees to grant the following rights to BUJE:
- the right to edit and process the manuscript,
- the right to publish the manuscript in digital form on the Web and in print.