Teacher Education Systems of Australia, Singapore, and South Korea: A Case-Oriented Comparative Study
The quality of teachers is accepted as one of the most important factors affecting learning and teaching process. Researchers found strong relations between performance of teachers and societal goals and problems. This emerging interest on teachers results with more importance given for teacher education. Through case-oriented study design three counties’ teacher educations systems are aimed to be given within this paper: South Korea, Australia, and Singapore. The achievements of students in international exams are very high and teachers have prestigious statues in those countries. Examining the education systems, teacher education systems, and professional development of teachers within three countries, it is aimed to inform readers related with teaching to have an insight about those countries’ models and understand the reasons behind their success.
1. The manuscript I have submitted to BUJE for review is original and, it is not concurrently being considered for publication by any other journal(s).
2. The manuscript has been written by the stated author(s) and has not been published in any format elsewhere.
3. The manuscript does not violate or infringe the copyright, or other rights of any person or entity.
4. The author(s) agrees to grant the following rights to BUJE:
- the right to edit and process the manuscript,
- the right to publish the manuscript in digital form on the Web and in print