Relationship among Students’ Epistemological Beliefs, Achievement Motivation, and Academic Achievement:A Path model
One of the prominent factors on production and productivity in agricultural sector is related to the adept work-force. However, there are not sufficient number of empirical studies regarding effective factors on the agricultural students’ achievement motivation and academic achievement. Therefore, this paper aims to investigate the effects of epistemological beliefs on the agricultural students’ achievement motivation and academic achievement. 466 Iranian agricultural students contributed to the study, by filling out the questionnaire. The results showed that the agricultural students generally had sophisticated epistemological beliefs. The model analyzed in the study determined that epistemological beliefs dimensions had negative effects on motivation to achieve success (MAS) and positive effects on motivation to avoid failure (MAF). Based on the findings, it is recommendable that instructors use teaching and evaluation approaches that can assist improvement of more advanced epistemological beliefs.
1. The manuscript I have submitted to BUJE for review is original and, it is not concurrently being considered for publication by any other journal(s).
2. The manuscript has been written by the stated author(s) and has not been published in any format elsewhere.
3. The manuscript does not violate or infringe the copyright, or other rights of any person or entity.
4. The author(s) agrees to grant the following rights to BUJE:
- the right to edit and process the manuscript,
- the right to publish the manuscript in digital form on the Web and in print