Enhancing Assessment and Appropriateness of Criterion-Referenced Assessment in Continuous Assessment in Sciences and Mathematics Classes
This paper examines norm- referenced and criterion- referenced evaluation and accelerate their appropriateness into Criterion-Referenced Testing (CRT) and Norm-Referenced Testing (NRT). The paper also facilitates how these classical testing enhanced Continuous Assessment (CA) process in Senior Secondary School (SSS) Sciences and Mathematics. Two basic types of assessment strategies: Norm-Referenced Tests (NRTs) and Criterion- Referenced Tests (CRTs) were observed. The content selection of these tests were discussed, the steps involved in preparing criterion referenced tests were also identified. The rationale that prompted incorporating CRT strategy into CA process and how it (CRT) facilitated CA process in Sciences and Mathematics classes were discussed. Moreover, samples of CRTs were designed for Chemistry, Mathematics and Agricultural Science in Senior Secondary School one (SSS1).
1. The manuscript I have submitted to BUJE for review is original and, it is not concurrently being considered for publication by any other journal(s).
2. The manuscript has been written by the stated author(s) and has not been published in any format elsewhere.
3. The manuscript does not violate or infringe the copyright, or other rights of any person or entity.
4. The author(s) agrees to grant the following rights to BUJE:
- the right to edit and process the manuscript,
- the right to publish the manuscript in digital form on the Web and in print