Ethics for Authors
The criteria sought in the journals scanned within the scope of ULAKBİM TR Index have been updated. For the submissions to be made as of 2020, the following ethical rules are required:
- Ethics committee approval must be obtained separately for research in all branches of science, including social sciences, and for clinical and experimental studies on humans and animals requiring an ethical committee decision, this approval must be indicated and documented in the article.
- Under this heading, information about the ethical rules should be provided under the separate headings for the referee, author and editor.
- The articles should include the statement that Research and Publication Ethics are complied with.
- With reference to national and international standards, ethical principles should be specified under a separate heading in the journal and / or on the website. For example; In scientific articles sent to journals, the recommendations of the ICMJE (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors) and the International Standards of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) for Editors and Authors should be taken into consideration.
- In studies requiring ethics committee permission, information about the permit (name of the board, date and number) should be included in the method section and also in the article page. In case studies, information about the informed consent form being signed should be included in the article.
- Copyright regulations must be followed for the ideas and works of art used.
The researches requiring the permission of the Ethics Committee are as follows:
- Use of humans and animals (including material / data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
- Clinical researches conducted on humans,
- Researches on animals,
- Retrospective studies in accordance with the Law on Protection of Personal Data.
- In case reports, it should be stated that “informed consent form” was taken as signed and presented in the appendix.
- It is necessary to obtain permission from the owners for the use of scales, questionnaires, photographs of others, to indicate this, and to attach the documents showing the permission as an appendix.
- It should be noted that there are copyright regulations for the ideas and works of art used.
- For the articles produced from postgraduate / doctorate studies that used research data before 2020 (should be stated in the article), no retrospective ethics committee permission is required for the articles which were submitted for publication in the previous year, and the articles which were accepted but not yet published.
- Researchers who are not members of the university can apply to the Ethics Committees in their regions.
- An article must have a similarity rate less than 20%, otherwise will not be taken into review. After any submission, each manuscript is analysed by BUJE team about similarity rate, then authors are informed if the rate is 20% or above.